Dhikala is the largest and most beautiful zone of Corbett national park with most of the safari routes on the side of Ramganga river. Dhikala is the named after the chaur or grassland of Dhikala which is one of the biggest grasslands in asia. The tourism area of dhikala zone has sal forests, mixed forests, river beds, grasslands supporting life of varied species of wildlife. Ramganga river is the lifeline of Dhikala zone and is the reason for good density of wildlife in the region. Every season brings new forms of beauty in Dhikala zone and is a treat for those who love nature and wildlife. It is also a great place for those who wish to relax in the natural environment away from the polluted cities.
Dhikala is one of the few places in the country which It is the only zone of Corbett national park which has huge population of crocodiles and gharial maggar.
Dhikala zone of Corbett national park is one of the most picturesque and sort after zone of Corbett national park which allows tourist to stay inside the national park at the forest rest house.
Highlights of this trip
- 02 nights accommodation in Government Forest Rest House in Dhikala
- Morning & evening safaris
- Complimentary use of selected recreational activities at resort
- Names, Age, gender and id proof no. (Driving license / PAN card / Voter’s ID / passport / Aadhar Card) of all the members required along with 100% advance payment. Availability of rooms shall be confirmed 45 days prior to the date of arrival
- In case of non availability of rooms, 100% amount will be refunded back.
NOTE: The Booking in FRH in Dhikala / Bijrani / Jhirna zone is not guaranteed and in case we are unable to get confirmed booking, the advance amount shall be refunded within 3 working days.
Terms & Conditions
- Refund policies: No refund on cancellation
- Check in time – 12:00 noon, Check out time – 10:00 am (For the forest rest house)
- In case of early entry and late exit, rooms will be provided as per the check in and checkout timings of forest department mentioned above.
- In case of non-availability of rooms, 100% refund would be provided.
- Children above 11 years would be treated as adult in case of Indian Nationals.
- Children above 5 years would be treated as adult in case of Foreign Nationals.
- Tour starts and ends at Ramnagar (Corbett tiger reserve office)
- Last entry timing from dhangarhi gate is 3:00 pm. In case the guests are unable to reach by that time, the entry will be denied by forest department and agency will not be responsible / liable for the same.
- Guest need to carry same original ID cards which id no was used for permit booking
- In case guest is not carrying ID card forest department reserve the right to deny entry in forest
- In case flooding, heavy rain, riots, protest by local, arson, epidemic etc situation forest department has right to cancel confirmed booking, without any refund or stop taking booking.
- Private vehicles are not allowed inside Corbett national park. For safaris / Night stay, It is mandatory to hire vehicle registered with Corbett national park.
Things to know about Forest Rest House
- Accommodation / Electricity / Water supply / Housekeeping / other services are provided by forest department. We do not hold any responsibility in case any of the above is not up to the mark. We are just tour operators and enhance booking procedure for the rest house.
- Other than Dhikala forest rest house, all the rest houses are do not have electricity. Power is provided by generators up till 10 pm.
- In Dhikala zone, there are rest houses like Dhikala, Gairal, Sarapduli and sultan
- In Bijrani zone there are two rest houses, Bijrani and Malani
- In Jhirna zone there is only one rest house Jhirna
- In Durga devi zone there are two rest house Lohachaur and Ratwadhap.
- There is option of dormitory available at Gairal, Dhikala and Bijrani rest house. In case someone is looking for economical option, dormitory can be provided.
- Most of the rooms in the forest rest house are different from each other and varies in size and space
- Liquor and Non Vegetarian food are strictly prohibited inside forest
- All canteens at forest rest house serves only Veg meals although some canteen serves egg in breakfast
- Rooms at all rest house inside Corbett national park are non air conditioned
- Canteen facility is available at Dhikala, Gairal and Bijrani rest house only
- Only at Dhikala FRH rooms comprises fan and washroom comprises geyser
- Nearest medical facility is at Ramnagar it takes 3 to 4 hours to reach Ramnagar from Dhikala rest house. So guests are suggested to carry necessary basic medication with them.
- There is no facility of mosquito net, wheelchair, repellent, baby diaper, baby food inside national park. Kindly carry required items from outside
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Forest rest house for 02 nights as per the itinerary
- Daily morning & afternoon jeep safaris as per the itinerary in Dhikala Zone
- Vehicle cost
- Guide fees
- Entry fees, vehicle entry fees and permit charges
- Housekeeping, Camping and clearance charges
- Driver’s Meals
- All government formalities
What is NOT included in the tour
- Laundry, phone calls or item of your personal nature
- MEALS NOT INCLUDED DURING STAY INSIDE CORBETT
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
Day 01: Afternoon Jeep safari in Dhikala zone / Stay in Dhikala FRH
Reach Ram Nagar of your own. At around 11:00 am, Pick up by our jeep & start for Dhikala Zone. Enter Dhikala zone via Dhangarhi gate of Corbett national park. Reach your forest rest house passing through the dense sal forests and grasslands inhabiting wide range of wildlife at Corbett national park. Check in to room. Lunch at rest house. In the evening go for jeep safari around Dhikala zone of Corbett National Park. Dinner and overnight stay at rest house
Day 02: Dhikala / Morning & Afternoon jeep safari - Stay in Dhikala FRH
Early morning start for morning jeep safari in the grasslands of Dhikala, Corbett national park. After breakfast, one can enjoy the beautiful view of jungle from Watch tower. Lunch. Later enjoy other safari. Dinner and overnight stay at rest house
Day 03: Morning Jeep Safari in Dhikala / Depart Dhikala- Ram Nagar
Early morning start for morning jeep safari in the grasslands of Dhikala, Corbett national park. Check out from room. After safari, move out of jungle via Dhangari gate. On the way visit crocodile point and high bank. Drop at ram nagar for your onward journey with sweet memories of your tour.
***** TOUR ENDS *****