Operates : Daily
Timing : 08:30 am to 05:30 pm
Starting point : Resort where guest are staying
Overview : This tour gives guest new insight in history and animal kingdom of Corbett National Park.
1 - Explore the Dhangarhi museum located at Dhangarhi gate of Corbett National Park that exhibits the birds and taxidermy
2 - Witness the beauty of Garjia Devi temple and sandy beach of fresh water river kosi
3 - Visit to 100 years old suspension bridge
4 - Visit the home of Sir Jim Corbett which is converted into museum now and open for public to showcase the life journey of Sir Jim Corbett
5 - Visit to waterfall
08:30 am to 10:30 am : Pick up by our jeep / cab. Our driver cum guide will meet you at your resort and will provide brief detail of day tour itinerary.
Start the day by visiting the Garjiya Devi temple. It is believed that the shrine is made of mud and clay that came along with a flood, many years ago. Located on cliff top, temple can be accessed by steep stairs. For many decades devotees from Uttarakhand and other states visit this place. Sand beaches of river kosi can be best enjoyed at this place.
10: 30 am to 12:00 am : After visiting temple, move ahead to Dhangarhi museum, one of the major tourist attractions. The museum displays the taxidermy of tigers, elephants and other wild animals killed in fiery battles. Forest department endeavours to show case the bio diversity of Corbett National Park. There is a souvenir shop outside museum, from where you can purchase some souvenir. If time permit on the way take at stopover at Suspension bridge from where one can have the commanding view of river Kosi and lush green forest.
After this elephant back safari proceed for your resort for lunch. Have lunch and relax till 01:30 pm.
At around 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm : Board jeep and depart for Corbett Museum. It is a heritage bungalow of Sir Jim Corbett. This museum highlights the journey of the renowned hunter turned into wildlife conservator. The museum showcases the articles, paintings, sketches, hunting equipments of Sir Jim Corbett.
On the way back to resort, visit Corbett Waterfall surrounded by dense forest that add charm to its natural beauty. Here you can enjoy the mesmerising sound of water stream mixed with sound of different birds. Relax for some time at this beautiful place.
05:30 pm : Drop at your resort.
Tour Price : Rs. 4,500 /- per member (minimum 2 members travelling)Tour Inclusions :-
- Jeep / Cab service for full day
- Service of driver cum guide for complete tour
- 02 bottle of mineral water per member
- Fruits, cookies and wafers in vehicle
- All entry fees
- Fuel charges, parking etc are included
- 5% GST
- Tip to guide
- Quoted rates are dependent on location of resort, permit charges, govt taxes which may vary if there is some change.
- Timing, duration of itinerary can be changed which is subject to circumstances.
- 45 days prior to arrival date - 10% cancellation charges of total amount
- Between 45 - 15 days prior to arrival date - 30 % Cancellation Charge of total amount
- Between 15 - 6 days prior to arrival date - 50% Cancellation Charge of total amount
- Between 15 - 3 days prior to arrival date - 70% Cancellation Charge of total amount
- 3 days prior to arrival date or No Show - 100 % Cancellation Charge of total amount
Dress and Things to Carry : It is suggested wear clothes of jungle friendly colours like dark green, olive or camouflage T-shirts, lower, sports shoes. Handkerchief or Bandana if it is dusty or sunny this can help you from sun burn or dust.